Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2012

A California Girl Goes to the Snow...

I'm sitting here on my bed wearing my snowboarding pants in an attempt to come to terms with them.
I have this theory that if I wear them enough around the house, I will become accustomed to the constant restriction of movement.

My boyfriend and I are going to mammoth for some snowboarding this weekend.
Our mutual friends moved up there last year and we are going to crash their living room for a joyous four days and three nights.  
I'm.Freaking.Out.
I was sooo excited until about 30 minutes ago when I started pulling out all the warm clothes that I'm going to have to wear. 
HOW DO YA'LL DO IT??
The long underwear is giving me the heebyjeebies, and when I put anything over them I can't help but waddle
The maximum clothing I'm used to wearing is maybe..maybe a jacket over a sweater. 
Maybe some heavier socks with your uggs.
A beanie? Its for style points, because we have no need to keep our ears warm around these parts.
Sorry. I'm being a baby.
I really am excited.
We are going to have a great time making memories.
I just have one concern about dressing like a marshmallow..
How in the world am I going to get over the constant claustrophobia?!
I guess I'll have to figure that out.
That said, I'm going to go try to P90X my anxiety away before I resume packing.

3 comments:

  1. I am a complete wimp with the cold - but love to visit the snow. Stay warm! {btw, completely relate with the the too many clothes make me claustrophobic}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layers, Layers, and more Layers! Make sure your feet, head, and ears are warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last winter we lived in Idaho where it was below zero almost everyday...this winter in the carolinas is AWESOME. I love only needing a sweatshirt to stay warm. Lets just hope you never have to MOVE somewhere cold. haha

    ReplyDelete